Answered By: Elizabeth Andrews Last Updated: Aug 25, 2015 Views: 107
University Schools, departments and student groups can promote events or services in the Library. We only promote organisations that have a direct affiliation with the University; we do not promote external commercial organisations. There is currently no charge for advertising in the Library.
Due to the high volume of demand, images and videos are shown in rotation with other content on the screens. Each image will be displayed for 40 seconds at a time.
We have 4 digital screens in the Main Library and 1 screen in the JF Allen Library that we can use to show your images or videos.
- Images must be landscape and exactly 960px by 540px (otherwise the image will not display properly).
- Please send the file as an image (.jpeg; .tif; .png etc.) not as a PDF or Word file.
- All images must show a direct connection with the University (logos, contact details, text explaining this, links to further information etc.).
- Email a file of the image you'd like displayed to email@example.com.
- The digital screens in the Library are silent so videos must work without sound.
- The video file should be MPEG-2 format.
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- At the beginning and end of the video there should be information about the department or student organisation which clearly shows their connection with the University as above.
We review all images and videos to make sure they are appropriate for us to display. Library advertising will take precedence over requests.