Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Aug 25, 2015 Views: 245
Answered By: Sharon Nangle
Last Updated: Aug 25, 2015 Views: 245
There are 5 loan categories:
- Undergraduate Students and External members can borrow these for 4 weeks.
- Postgraduate Students and Staff can borrow these for 1 year.
- All Normal Loans can be recalled - if a book you have borrowed is recalled you will receive an email advising that it has been recalled, and the due date will change to 1 week from the date the book is recalled.
- Assuming no-one has recalled a Normal loan item, you can renew it.
Multiple Copy (7 days)
- Can be borrowed for 1 week.
- If no-one else has recalled it, Multiple Copy Loans can be renewed.
3 Day Loan (pilot)
- Can be borrowed for 3 days
- If no-one else has recalled it, 3-day Loans can be renewed
- 3 day loans can be recalled, you'll be notified by email if a 3 Day Loan item you have borrowed has been recalled, the due date won't change, but you won't be able to renew it.
A collection of mainly undergraduate texts likely to be in heavy demand.
- Borrowing periods are restricted to a maximum of four hours.
- You may borrow up to 4 books from the Short Loan Collection, at one time.
- Short Loans are located on Level 2 next to the Library Helpdesk.
- Items are taken out and returned using the self-service machines in the Short Loan area.
- DVDs can be borrowed for 3 days.
- Some DVDs are available for reference use only and can be viewed using the DVD players in the Library.
There are fines for overdue items, you'll find details on our "Fines" answer