Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Aug 25, 2015 Views: 50
The Library is conducting a trial of 3 Day Loan during Semester 2 of the academic year 2014-15.
What is 3 Day Loan?
As the name suggests, 3 Day Loan items can be borrowed for 3 days!
- They are located on the shelves alongside Normal Loan and Multiple Copy (7 Day Loan) items
- They are clearly labelled with a Yellow 3 Day Loan Sticker on the spine
- They display on SAULCAT as "3 Day "
- They can be renewed up to 3 times, as long as no-one else has placed a Hold/ Recall
- Holds can be placed on items already on loan using the "Recall" button on the SAULCAT record
- Holds will be kept on the Holds Shelf in the Short Loans area for 4 days
- Fines will be charged for overdue 3 Day Loan at 50p per day, increasing to £1 per day if a Hold/Recall has been placed.
Why we're conducting a trial
We're conducting this trial in response to feedback from Library Users who have requested a longer loan than Short Loan (4 hours or overnight) for items in high demand.
What you can do!
As always the Library relies on it's users to share resources. If you can't renew a 3 Day Loan please return it by the due date as someone else may be waiting for it. Similarly, if you request a 3 Day Loan please collect it as soon as you can.
Your feedback is very welcome, so feel free to let us know what you think of 3 Day Loans.