Q. How can I view a book's table of contents online?
Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Mar 23, 2020 Views: 637
When the Library has a print book in the Library the book record will often (but not always) include the table of contents.
- Search for the book, and select it from the results page by clicking the title
- Scroll to near the bottom of the page, if there's a section "Look Inside" click the button "See Full Table of Contents"
- In some cases you may be able to see a table of contents by clicking the image of the book at the top:
- This will open a page about the book, and in some cases the table of contents can be viewed there.
Other places to check
If you're looking for a table of contents for a book the Library doesn't have, or if there's no table of contents to view in the Library search record there are a few places to check:
- Worldcat - table of contents can sometimes to be viewed directly within a record or there may be a link to view the table of contents
- Google Books - table of content and access to some of the content can be viewed online for some title.
- Amazon - where you see a "Look Inside" option you can view the table of contents.
- Publisher's websites. Where you know the publisher of a book you can search for the book on the publisher's website. All publishers are different, some include a huge amount of detail about their books, others don't. Books published in the last 10 years are more likely to show the table of contents than older books.
There may be titles where there's no available table of contents to view online.