Skip to Main Content


Q. Can you send me a scan of a journal article that the library has in print form only?

Answered By: Eve Mayo
Last Updated: May 04, 2023     Views: 61

If you need a scan of an article which the Library doesn't have you may request it through the Inter-Library Loans service.  

For details of how to submit a request please see

Please make sure when completing the online form to tick the box marked "Item not on shelf/ e journal not available".

If the Library only has a print version of an article, and it's held at Walter Bower House Library, the JF Allen Library, Martyrs Kirk, or St Mary's College Library use the "Request scan" option in the record.  

If you are working remotely and need an article which the Library only has in print format in the Main Library please email

Chat with us