Q. Problem accessing a De Gruyter e-book
I don't seem to be able to access the contents of a De Gruyter ebook after logging in at the University single sign on. It says "Access resticted" next to each chapter.
Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Mar 02, 2021 Views: 9
There are currently problems with the De Gruyter e-book platform ignoring the single sign on. This has been reported, and De Gruyter are working to resolve the situation. In the meantime the following process will give you access to the e-books:
- Search for the e-book on Library search, and click the eBook button
- If presented with the single sign on screen, login with your username and password
- At the De Gruyter e-book page click the Log in button near the top right
- In the Find your institution box on the left enter University of St Andrews and click Find
- From the results click University of St Andrews Scotland and allow the screen to refresh
- On the right of the screen click the Login button next to University of St Andrews
- Select the contents tab - you should now have access to the e-book contents.