Q. Where can I find ebooks and scans?
I can't access the print books I need, where can I check if an ebook is available?
Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Apr 11, 2022 Views: 7
Answered By: Sharon Nangle
Last Updated: Apr 11, 2022 Views: 7
There are a variety of places you can search for an ebook, here's the order we suggest:
- Use the search box on the Library homepage, and tick the E-books only box, enter the book title, or title and author into the search box. If the Library has the ebook it will appear in the results page. Choose the Ebook button to the right of the title to access the ebook.
- Check your online reading list, if you just need a chapter it might have already been scanned and added to your module reading list. Search using your module title or module code. Online reading lists can also be found on your modules on moodle.
- Some ebooks may be available freely online, try searching using the book title on Archive.org, if a scan of the book is available you can sign in to read it, you'll need to create a free account to do this.
- You may find some of a book freely available to read on Google books, it's unlikely you'll be able to read the whole of the book, but you might be able to view a few chapters. If a Kindle ebook is available, you can normally read the first chapter free.
- If you can't find what you need email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if the Library can obtain the ebook. Not all books are available as ebooks, but the Library will check for you.