Q. How do I add clinical guidelines to Endnote
Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Jan 26, 2024 Views: 16
Answered By: Sharon Nangle
Last Updated: Jan 26, 2024 Views: 16
Most clinical guidelines will need to be added manually into endnote. To do this in endnote:
- Select the 'Reference' option
- Choose 'New Reference'
- Complete the following fields:
- Reference type = Electronic Book (choose book if you are using a printed version of older guidelines)
- In the Author field enter the name of the organisation who have produced the guidelines. At the end of the name enter a comma, this will prevent endnote creating a Surname, Forenames entry.
- In the Year field enter the year of publication, if the guidelines have an updated date enter this
- In the title field enter the full title for the guidelines. If the guidelines have a number or code associated with them, place a colon after the title and add the number or code.
- In the URL field enter the URL for the guideline
- Save the reference.
You can see an example in this short video