Q. Are there different loan categories for books?
Answered By: Sharon Nangle Last Updated: Aug 15, 2019 Views: 318
Answered By: Sharon Nangle
Last Updated: Aug 15, 2019 Views: 318
There are 3 loan categories:
- Undergraduate Students and External members get up to 4 automatic renewals
- Postgraduate Students and Staff get up to 20 automatic renewals.
- 4-week loans can be recalled - if a book you have borrowed is recalled you will receive an email advising that it has been recalled, and the due date will change to 1 week from the date the book is recalled.
- Assuming no-one has recalled a Normal loan item, it will automatically renew (see 1. and 2.)
3 Day Loan
- Automatically renew up to 10 times, unless recalled
- 3 day loans can be recalled, you'll be notified by email if a 3 Day Loan item you have borrowed has been recalled, the due date won't change, but you won't be able to renew it.
- DVDs can be borrowed for 3 days.
- Some DVDs are available for reference use only and can be viewed using the DVD players in the Library.
A collection of mainly undergraduate texts likely to be in heavy demand.
- Borrowing periods are restricted to a maximum of four hours during the day, after 5pm a short loan will be due back for 10.30am the next day
- You may borrow up to 4 books from the Short Loan Collection, at one time.
- Short Loans are located on Level 2 next to the Library Helpdesk.
- Items are taken out and returned using the self-service machines in the Short Loan area.
There are fines for overdue items, you'll find details on our "Fines" answer